Monday, August 17, 2015

Your National Flag

I am exhausted after all the fluttering by the evening,
You may forget the song which you sing once a year,
I will think it is some kind of stammering,
But there is something I need to ask you here,
Do you even bother building a great nation?
Or just to enjoy the sacrifices of your ancestors is your notion?
Before you go to bed, before you warp me on your dead
Think of me for a moment, of your salute,
It’s a promise you make, to be a better citizen every day.
If your promise is just a fad, you can as well leave me alone this day.
One moment before you jump that signal,
One moment before you bribe that criminal,
One moment before you vote for your caste,
One moment before you block that free left,
Will definitely make a great change, and it’s a great start.
Celebrate all you want this day, but be responsible every day.
Happy Independence Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment