Monday, August 17, 2015

The Stalker

"Memories in the mists of my mind uncoil and stir as I see your name. I was timid then, to get near you and just talk. Will you believe me if I say- I gathered courage once to come and talk to you? No! Don’t look at me like that, I did, I really. But, then you  burst into laughter with a friend over something that stopped in my tracks. Watching you laugh, I had to pick myself up, as I have fallen for you again. There you go, you are laughing now too!! I wanted to bring you flowers everyday then. All I could do now is to bring flowers to you here, once in a while."
An old man slowly got up using his cane, minding his knees from a cemetery that has been abandoned for twenty years by family. He turned around one more time, to look at the name of his first and silent love and the tulips that he got for her grave. He walked away into the dusk, not knowing he will return one more time to rest permanently.

No comments:

Post a Comment